Well yesterday went very well! The thunder storm held off until the evening, the farmer’s market gave me my booth for the season (Both # 12 🙂 ) and from 3pm to 7pm I had my very first customers. I learned a lot this first round, and next week I will return much wiser. Here are a few things I learned:
- Don’t underestimate setup time!
- Bring a lot to drink!
- Be prepared to be training ground for children who are learning how to spend birthday money.
- Children will see free lolly-pops a mile away.
- Gallons of water work in place of sand bags.
- Unlike your living room, there is wind outside–displays may not hold up as you anticipate they will…
- Like raccoons, people are attracted to shiny things.
- Be prepared for weather: sweltering heat to wind and rain.
- Be prepared for people who want to buy your display.
- And lastly, sit back and enjoy being able to see how people respond to the art you put so much work into!
A good day. See you next week:)